Be-ribboned tied in cute bows, stilettos, chic sandals, jazzy platforms, comfortable pumps or even a sexy pair of boots, or two… oh, you’ll be spoiled for choice at this year’s shoe festival.
Especially with the launch of the 3rd Malaysia International Shoe Festival at Putra World Trade Centre, Kuala Lumpur. The event is held from 30 March till 1 April, 2012 starting at 10.30 am till 8.30 pm.
Launched by the Queen, Raja Permaisuri Agong Tuanku Hajah Haminah, on the 29th March, present were Tourism Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ng Yen Yen, Tourism Ambassador and internationally-renowned shoe maker, Prof Dato Dr Jimmy Choo as well as Malaysian Footwear Manufacturers' Association (MFMA) President, Tony Ting.
Some of the highlights at this year’s shoe festival include:
- Prof Dato’ Dr Jimmy Choo’s, ‘Sogno Gallery’ include the unveiling of his luxury shoe collection and couture, themed after the dragon year.
- Malaysia footwear designer competition, where talented designers create their most innovative and stylish shoe designs.
- A Foot and Wellness Corner, especially for those wanting to get insightful tips on foot care, and guide on shoe buying head on over here.
- Shoe-on-wheels! A shoe car road show, where radio deejays will drive around with a huge shoe perched atop a car (look out for it, folks) on the road. Participate in game quizzes and win exciting prizes.
- Check out the specially designed Rainforest Shoe Wonderland, where designers have transformed shoes and incorporate it into everyday life’s nuances.
- Maybe you need and extra pair of shoe for your wedding? Then head over to the Wedding Shoe Wonderland, where shoes of every hue, size and style are displayed for a perfect wedding.
Other attractions at the event include shoe fashion show, shoe painting competition, clog-shoe making gallery, international shoe corner and much more*.
See you there!
* For further information, check out this link: http://www.malaysiafootwear.com/misf/2012/